Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Golden Axe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Golem

Golden Axe Empty
PostSubject: Golden Axe   Golden Axe Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

So, what's everyone's thoughts on Golden Axe?

I think the game's solid, but I can name a few things I don't like about it--

I found it to be monotonous--there may be different kinds of enemies, but you handle them all the same way. It's not like a TMNT game, where you may have to dodge a projectile from one enemy and a melee attack from another enemy.

In addition, I found the animals to be more annoying to use than helpful. I really only found the fireball-spitting dragon useful, and even then he only served to make fights monotonous, since I could stick enemies up against a wall until they finally died.

There wasn't any move variety, either. You can never hit enemies with the dash-jump-attack, so you're left just to your weapon swing and your jumping weapon swing (barring the magic attacks). Also, there's no strategy behind the throw; it just does damage to that one enemy, you can't use it to take care of other enemies. You can't initiate a throw before you've hit an enemy a few times, either, so it's not like you can use the throw when you want to.

So, hum, anyone want to defend Golden Axe? Smile
Back to top Go down

Golden Axe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Gaming :: Legacy Systems-
Jump to: