Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liquid Zero

Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero   Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm friends (IRL) with MechaKoopa and he linked me here. Me and a bunch of Gamefaqs guys on the SSBB board made our own forum a few years ago (just a few months after the gamefaqs SSBB board even came into existence). Anyway, it was an invisionfree forum and was very active for a good 2 years or so. I was one of the admins there and did a lot of the technical stuff.

Anyway, I guess my point is that I'm pretty familiar with some good ideas for new forums. One thing I'd like to suggest is a "Welcome Forum" for all the new members. I kind of gave my introduction in this forum since I had no other place to put it.

Another thing that you might want to consider is making ranks for how much people post. We had ranks and the name of your rank increased as your posted more and you got a new avatar at each level. Also when you'd reach certain ranks a secret board would open up to you that you could then post in. The secret boards weren't visible prior to reaching that level. The good things about ranks is that it makes the board very active since people are competing to get posts and unlock the secret boards. The bad thing is that it creates a lot of spam...so it's up to you guys.

I board that we really liked in our old forum was the "$%#^%$&%!" board where you would vent your frustration. Usually gamefaqs mods related frustration lol.

Anyway I have plenty of other ideas I'll post about later if you guys like any of these. Nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Zero

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero   Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Okay and another thing that I'd strongly suggest is making the signature image appear in your post. I didn't realize that the picture for my sig wouldn't appear when I made my first post. Everyone likes being able to put pics in their sigs and have them show up in their posts so yeah...it's a good thing to have.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Zero

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero   Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh and another thing that we did which worked out fine was essentially no posting restrictions. We allowed each other to say virtually anything to each other unless two people were blatantly fighting with each other. So if I jokingly called my friend gay or something...we didn't care. We only did something is actual fighting was going on and it clearly wasn't joking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero   Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey guys...I'm Liquid Zero
Page 1 of 1