Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaKoopa5000

MechaKoopa5000

Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original? Empty
PostSubject: Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?   Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:04 pm

With few exceptions I generally stay away from buying the same game more than once as long as my original copy still works (Enhanced remakes don't count). My virtual console library doesn't have any repeats of games I already own but I think the one game I would repurchase is Donkey Kong 64.

I'm a relatively new HDTV owner (had it for a few months) and certain older games don't hold up very well visually. Sadly, DK64 is one of them. Since the Wii outputs at 480p, there'd be a pretty noticable difference as far as sharpness and jaggies are concerned, not to mention the slight controller delay would be eliminated. I really enjoyed DK64 back when it was new but I just can't see myself replaying the game from start to finish again unless its on the VC. As of right now, that's the only game I think I'd double dip on.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Zero

PostSubject: Re: Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?   Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:13 pm

I have PO and BB
Back to top Go down
SNES Master KI
Admin
SNES Master KI

PostSubject: Re: Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?   Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:45 pm

I bought Mystical Ninja despite owning it for SNES because the original was password based. Super Mario World had saving, there was no excuse for a game with RPG elements to have passwords.
Back to top Go down
Hobbes Voltaire
Admin
Hobbes Voltaire

PostSubject: Re: Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?   Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original? Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:57 pm

If EarthBound comes out on VC I will buy it on principle! Even though I already have it sor SNES.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?   Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any VC games you would buy even though you own the original?
Page 1 of 1