Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite gaming generation

Go down 
+6
Shellshock929
MechaKoopa5000
HitomiKagewaki
TrackStarXYZ
dinobot19
SNES Master KI
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SNES Master KI
Admin
SNES Master KI

Favorite gaming generation Empty
PostSubject: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Post your favorite generation for game systems.

As you can probably tell from my name, I love the 16-bit era, primarily because of SNES.
Back to top Go down
dinobot19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:24 pm

16-bit. Easy.
Back to top Go down
TrackStarXYZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Yes, the 16-bit era was a good era.

Back then it was more about the game.
Back to top Go down
HitomiKagewaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm gonna say 8-bit. My late grandmother had at least 200 nes games and I spent a large amount of my childhood playing those on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
MechaKoopa5000

MechaKoopa5000

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:14 am

You're going to think I'm nuts... but I think I'm gonna say 1996-2001, aka the N64 years. Look, I know the system didn't have a lot of 3rd party support and was lacking in many genres (most noticable RPGs which its predecessor, SNES, had no shortage of) but for someone like myself who's main appeal in games has always been platforming you just couldn't top N64.

Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, DK64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Rayman 2: The Great Escape are some of the highest quality platformers I've played. N64 also was home to lesser known gems like Rocket: Robot on Wheels (from Sucker Punch who later went on to make the Sly Cooper series) and Tonic Trouble- both of which I hope come to the VC because I've never played them.

N64 also had StarFox 64, JFG, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Beetle Adventure Racing, Blast Corps, RE2, and mature title Shadowman. So, for some this wouldn't be enough, but I still think very fondly of the 64-bit era.
Back to top Go down
Shellshock929
Admin
Shellshock929

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:33 pm

16 Bit Era is nothing but awesomeness. Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Street Fighter II, Castlevania, Contra, Sparkster, Ninja Turtles, and more. Those were the Good ol' Days. Nothing tops the 16 Bit era.
Back to top Go down
https://oppressthebutton.forumotion.net
Hobbes Voltaire
Admin
Hobbes Voltaire

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:16 am

16-Bit era! The golden age of JRPGs and among the best eras for platformers. More of my favorite games came out in this era than in any other.
Back to top Go down
legendarydudewolf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:49 pm

16-bit era is by far my favorite. As great as the 64 bit era was, nothing could top the SNES.
Back to top Go down
Mrdragon206

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Current generation, because I can get all the best games from each generation all conveniently on 2 consoles >_>

Yea, I'm cheating a bit.
Back to top Go down
Professor Icepick
Admin
Professor Icepick

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Gonna go with 16-bit as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gaming generation   Favorite gaming generation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite gaming generation
Page 1 of 1